Beverly Hills Facelift…the minimal incision innovation might be the “World’s Best” Facelift.
Facelift questions answered by world renowned Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr Francis Palmer voted one of the “World’s Best” plastic and cosmetic surgeons by Tatler magazine. Dr Francis Palmer has been board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery since 1993 and has performed Facelifts for over 25 years for patients from all over the world. That experience performing Facelifts has made Dr Palmer one of the World’s Leading authorities on Facelift Surgery. Dr Palmer answers a question on facelifts.
What is a “Mini Facelift”?
Dr Francis Palmer’s Answer:
I have performed Facelifts for well over 25 years and there have been all sorts of names and terms made up for various types of facelifts. Some facelift terms are more for marketing than descriptive purposes, so when you hear the term “minilift” or “minifacelift”, you have to actually find out what that term means to that particular plastic and cosmetic surgeon as it is not universal.
To me a better term is minimal incision or minimal invasive Facelift as it would apply to our “Celebrity Facelift”. The “Celebrity Facelift” has the following advantages over a traditional type facelift:
- Shorter incisions
- Less tissue dissection = less bruising, swelling, lumps and bumps.
- Quicker healing time or recovery time
- Less surgery time, typically about 90 minutes
- Can be performed with local, IV sedation or a general anesthetic
- Facial shaping by removing excess fatty tissue as needed.
- An incision that follows the anterior (front) contours, of the ear allowing removal of excess facial skin.
- And finally, the ability to shape the cheeks, chin, lips and jaw using fillers (Perlane, Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse) or implants (Cheek Implants, Chin Implants) as needed.
It’s equally important to make certain that any type of facelift, whether traditional, midface or a minimal incision variant of a facelift have these important characteristics that must be included in the facelift in order to make them effective:
SMAS layer dissection (not plication or suspension with suture, threads or the like) elevation, trimming and re-suturing back together.