Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery “Beauty Tip of the Day” from Dr. Francis R. Palmer, Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon.” Beware the free consultation…you may be getting more than you bargained”.
Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery “Beauty Tip of the Day” from Dr. Francis R. Palmer, Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon.” Beware the free consultation…you may be getting more than you bargained”. So, you want to improve your appearance. Ok, so you’ve decide that Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery or some non-invasive treatment like Botox, Restylane, Radiesse or IPL might be the ticket…so you seek some consultations with Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons in Beverly Hills and elsewhere. Fair enough, so far.
Now during your research, which includes asking friends, family and surfing the web…you book some consults…some are free and others are not. Hum, why on earth would that be? Let’s take a look and logically assess the situation. Now while I understand your desire to get something for nothing…you must admit… that scenario rarely works out well. There’s always a catch. Well guess what, free Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery consults are no different and here’s why.
1. Beverly Hills has high rent, high overhead and the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon’s staff make real salaries. Does that surprise anyone? Good, let’s continue.
2. Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons make money from performing Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery procedures and or treatments. Once again, this shouldn’t surprise anyone.
3. If the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon does not charge you for his/her time to consult with you…they are losing money for giving you their time.
4. No business can sustain itself by losing money…therefore, they MUST sell you something while you are there. Am I getting through yet? What could they possibly try and sell you? Plastic Surgery, Non INvasive Procedures, products and related services that you may not need, or want.
5. Where do you really believe that you have a better chance of getting an honest unbiased opinion about what Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Procedures and/or treatments are best for you….with a Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon who charges for his time or one that uses it as a loss leader hoping to sell you soemthing, anything once you are in their office. Don’t believe that high pressure sales can’t exist in the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery business? Of course it can and does.
My advice to you as a consumer of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery:
1. Buyer Beware…do your research about the aesthetics of beauty. Read my “Palmer Beauty Principles” and my “What’s Your Number” concept and learn what you need to know about how you could become more youthful and/or attractive.
2. Be realistic about paying for Plastic Surgery Consults. The very best Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons, and you should only be interested in them doing your surgery or treatment…after all you only have 1 face and body, in Beverly Hills and elsewhere do indeeed charge hundreds of dollars for a thorough evaluation of you an examination and specific recommendations. If you want to shop surgeons…pony up the bucks to do it the right way or visit fewer surgeons.
3. Be even more realisitic about the costs of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery or treatments. The cheap are victims of all sorts of scams from fake Botox (killed people in California and Florida) to having sub-par surgery in wierd places under less than ideal circumstances (surgery in apartments, hotels)…by less than the most experienced Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons…many times with fatal or disastrous results. Experienced Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons do not steeply discount their surgeries or services and you wishing, hoping and searching for a miracle bargain price won’t make it so. Get real…pay a good price for your procedure/surgery or save up for it until you can. You will be much better off…in the long run.
Dr. Francis R Palmer, III